Listen to Lifeboat Fm

APOSTLE EDWARD FREEDOM WELCOMES YOU INTO 2025

It is with Joy That I welcome you into this Year! In This 2026. The Lord have given us his Word for us at Lifeboat Rescuing Church of Christ saying: THIS IS OUR YEAR OF DIVINE SURPLUS! Our Daily confession is: "My God will supply all my need, according to His riches in Glory by Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:19) 2026 Holds a prophetic dimension for all of Us at Lifeboat Rescuing Church of Christ. The Lord our God wants us to banish fear and Have faith in Him for all our Needs. Welcome to 2026. From Me, Apostle Edward Freedom (Senior Pastor @Lifeboat Rescuing Church of Christ)

Saturday, 29 August 2026

You are no a god! Correcting The Errors Of The Gospel Preachers

 


GOSPEL TRACT SERIES: Correcting The Errors Of The Gospel Preachers By Apostle Edward Freedom

 

TRACT NO. 16
"I AM A GOD? - The Blasphemy Of Deifying Man"

"I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High. But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes." - Psalm 82:6-7

"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." - Genesis 2:7

 

THE POPULAR ERROR

Today, many preachers shout from pulpit: "You are a god! I am a god! We are gods! We have the God-nature! We are little gods! Speak as a god! Command as a god!"

They quote Psalm 82:6 - "Ye are gods" - but they refuse to read verse 7 which says "But ye shall die like men."

Because of this blasphemy, many Christians now walk in pride. They command God, they command angels, they claim they are equal with God. They say "I am a god in my village, in my office, I cannot be sick, I cannot fail, because I am a god!"

Some even say their pastor is god. They worship man.

This is the same lie Satan told Eve in Eden: "Ye shall be as gods..." Genesis 3:5

It was a lie then, it is a lie now. We must correct it with truth.

 

THE BIBLICAL TRUTH

1. There is only ONE God.

"...I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me..." Isaiah 45:5

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:" Deuteronomy 6:4

We are not gods. We are creatures made by God. There is a great difference between Creator and creature.

 

2. What Psalm 82:6 really means.

In Psalm 82, God was speaking to unjust judges and rulers who were called "gods" because they represented God's authority to judge. Exodus 21:6, Exodus 22:28

But they were judging unjustly. So God said: "I called you gods because you sit in My place to judge, but you will die like men because you are not truly God."

Jesus quoted this in John 10:34-35 to show that if even unjust judges were called gods in the Old Testament law, how much more is He who is truly holy justified to call Himself Son of God. It was never meant to teach that every Christian is a god.

To take that verse and say "I am a god" is twisting scripture.

 

3. When men tried to be gods, God judged them.

Herod made a speech and the people shouted "It is the voice of a god, and not of a man." He did not give glory to God. "And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, because he gave not God the glory: and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost." Acts 12:22-23

Nebuchadnezzar said "Is not this great Babylon, that I have built... by the might of my power..." God made him eat grass like an ox for 7 years. Daniel 4:30-33

Pride that says "I am a god" brings judgment.

 

4. Even Satan wanted to be as God and fell.

"...I will be like the most High." Isaiah 14:14. That was Satan's ambition. He wanted to be god. God cast him down.

Any teaching that makes man want to be god is satanic, not Christian.

 

5. We are children of God, not gods.

Yes, we are children of God. John 1:12. Yes, we have divine nature through Christ. 2 Peter 1:4. But child of a king is not the king. Child of God is not God.

A child shares his father's nature but is not equal to his father. We will always be servants, sons, creatures - never the Creator.

Paul said: "We are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand." Isaiah 64:8

Clay does not become potter.

 

WHAT SHOULD WE PREACH?

Stop preaching: "You are a god! You are a little god! Confess you are god!"

Start preaching: "You are a child of God by grace. You are made in image of God, but you are not God. Humble yourself before the one true God."

Preach humility.

"Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:" - 1 Peter 5:6

"For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted." - Luke 14:11

Preach that we should worship God, not ourselves.

 

A CALL TO HUMILITY

Have you been deceived to call yourself a god? Repent of pride. Give glory to God alone.

Have you been worshipping your pastor as god? Stop. Your pastor is a man who will die like men. Psalm 82:7. Worship only Jesus.

Are you proud because of position, anointing, money? Remember you are dust. Genesis 3:19

Pray with me:

"Lord God, You alone are God. There is none beside You. Forgive me for pride that said I am a god. I am dust, I am clay, I am Your child by mercy. Today I humble myself before You. You are the Creator, I am the creature. Be Thou exalted. In Jesus' Name, Amen."

 

Written By:
Pst. Edward Freedom

Please look out for TRACT NO. 17 in this series: "TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED? - The Most Abused Verse For Covering Sin" - Matthew 7:15-20

For copies, counselling and prayers, contact the author.