Listen to Lifeboat Fm

APOSTLE EDWARD FREEDOM WELCOMES YOU INTO 2025

It is with Joy That I welcome you into this Year! In This 2026. The Lord have given us his Word for us at Lifeboat Rescuing Church of Christ saying: THIS IS OUR YEAR OF DIVINE SURPLUS! Our Daily confession is: "My God will supply all my need, according to His riches in Glory by Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:19) 2026 Holds a prophetic dimension for all of Us at Lifeboat Rescuing Church of Christ. The Lord our God wants us to banish fear and Have faith in Him for all our Needs. Welcome to 2026. From Me, Apostle Edward Freedom (Senior Pastor @Lifeboat Rescuing Church of Christ)

Monday, 20 July 2026

I AM A CHRISTIAN BUT I DON'T GO TO CHURCH; AM I COMMITTING A SIN?

 



"I AM A CHRISTIAN BUT I DON'T GO TO CHURCH; AM I COMMITTING A SIN?"  

By Apostle Edward Freedom


SHORT ANSWER: No, being absent from a building is not the same as being absent from Christ.  

BUT... It depends on WHY you are not going.


THE TRUTH FROM SCRIPTURE:

1. YOUR SALVATION IS NOT IN A BUILDING  

You are saved by grace through faith in Jesus, not by church attendance. Ephesians 2:8-9  

The moment you believed, the Holy Spirit made YOU the church. 1 Corinthians 6:19  

“Where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst of them.” Matthew 18:20


2. BUT GOD DESIGNED US FOR GATHERING  

“Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another...” Hebrews 10:25  

God didn’t say this to control you. He said it to protect you.


ASK YOURSELF 3 QUESTIONS:

   i. WHY am I not going?  

      Is it because of hurt, offense, pride, laziness, or sin? That is a heart issue before God.  

      Or is it because of distance, health, persecution, or a season? God understands seasons.


   ii. WHO am I accountable to?  

      A lone sheep is easy prey for wolves. Ecclesiastes 4:9-10  

      We need covering, correction, communion, and community.


   iii. WHO am I serving?  

      The church is not a place you go to consume. It’s a body you are part of. 1 Corinthians 12:27  

      If you are not planted, who are you watering? Who is watering you?


THE BALANCE:

You can be a Christian and not attend church for a season.  

But you cannot be a healthy Christian and stay isolated for life.

Jesus is your Head. The Church is His Body. Colossians 1:18  

A hand cut off from the body will die, no matter how “spiritual” it is.


FINAL WORD:

Don’t use “I and God” as an excuse to hide.  

Don’t use “church people are fake” to justify disobedience.  


Find a Bible-believing house where Christ is preached.  

Plant yourself. Grow. Serve. Be accountable. Be covered.

“That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee...” John 17:21

God is calling you home. Not to religion. To family.  


I am ,

Apostle Edward Freedom